Voting for the ESC elections 2020 will begin on Monday, 1 June at 08:00 CEST. Those eligible will be able to vote electronically until 18:00 on Monday, 26 June. The results will be announced on the ESC website on Saturday, 4 July.
Prof. Jeroen Bax, Chairman of the 2018 – 2020 ESC Nominating Committee, would like to remind you that you can review the candidates’ CVs on the ESC Elections page.
As you know, ESC Congress 2020 will be a digital experience this year. Your members, in particular young cardiologists who would not ordinarily be able to travel to ESC Congress, will be able to join global experts sharing the very latest science. They’ll be able to ask questions to a live panel and be part of the largest virtual gathering of the global cardiology community. Please note:
- Pre-registration service for NCS Presidents will open early June
- Registration will open mid-June and will be FREE with a My ESC account
With regards to the specific meetings that you would usually attend with ESC leadership at ESC Congress, we’ll be giving you more information in due course.
Prof. Jose Luis Zamorano and Prof. Franz Weidinger
ESC Vice Presidents for National Cardiac Societies
COVID-19 and Cardiology
ESC Guidance Document - Update
The ESC has just published an update to its Guidance for the Diagnosis and Management of CV Disease during the COVID-19 pandemic, including questions and input that have been contributed by the global cardiology community.
This document is evolving alongside our understanding of the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease during the pandemic.
All COVID-19 resources
Keeping information up-to-date is essential in the fight against COVID-19.
- All ESC Advocacy Updates have been saved in the NCS Box
- The ESC COVID-19 webpage is updated regularly to cover an ever wider range of material
Last call for membership lists
Thanks to all of you who sent us your membership lists. For those who have not submitted their list yet, please post it in your dedicated section on Box as soon as possible.
It is important that we receive an accurate list of your society’s paying members so they can be automatically enrolled as ESC members and enjoy valuable benefits, including:
- ESC Pocket Guidelines
- Savings on ESC journals
- Savings on ESC books
- ESC webinars on recent ESC Guidelines (live events and on-demand)
- ESC Clinical Case Gallery
- Online courses on ESCeL General Cardiology (25% discount)
- ESC Member Directory
Call for ESC / NCS joint sessions: NEW FORMAT
Please let us know as soon as possible if you wish to hold a joint session with the ESC during your national meeting. This year, we are proposing a new format to:
- Make ESC joint sessions more educational and impactful
- Better meet local needs
- Provide interactive discussions
- Presenters include two representatives from both the ESC and the National Cardiac Society who are fluent in English (one senior speaker / one young cardiologist)
- Inclusion of mini quizzes and clinical cases
- To enhance attractivity, the NCS can decide on the format and topic of interest and inform ESC six months ahead of the event
NEW ESC Board Committee for Young Cardiovascular Professionals - Call for applications
The ESC Board has validated the creation of the ESC Board Committee for Young Cardiovascular Professionals.
- The ESC is looking for three highly motivated NCS deputy representatives to guide and develop activities and products for young cardiovascular professionals. They will work with the established national representatives.
The eligibility criteria and application process can be found on the ESC webpage or by contacting the team in charge: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please encourage applications.
Extended deadline for applications: 7 June 2020
ESC Subspecialty News
NEW and coming soon - HFA Discoveries
Made for heart failure specialists, but also valuable for other healthcare professionals, HFA Discoveries will take place online from 5-19 June, from 17:00 to 20:00 (CEST).
Your members will be able tune in for live presentations on Late-Breaking Trials, important HFA position papers, and more. There will be live discussions among panels of experts and viewer participation.
Please let your members know about this new platform for discovering the frontiers of heart failure science. Find out more here. www.escardio.org/HFAdiscoveries.
Shape the future of preventive cardiology
Stand as a candidate for a Board member position with the European Association of Preventive Cardiology.
President-Elect Prof. Martin Halle is looking for candidates to serve during his 2020–2022 mandate starting in September. This is an opportunity to help determine the direction of the EAPC.
Please consider applying and also encourage your members to apply. The deadline is 7 June 2020.
EAPC Young Ambassadors - call for candidates 2020–2022
The European Association of Preventive Cardiology is seeking Young Ambassadors. They will help spread the word about EAPC initiatives and scientific activities at the national level and strengthen or create new partnerships with national groups.
Please share this opportunity with your young community.
National Cardiac Society News
Congratulations to the newly elected National Cardiac Society President:
- Professor Steen Dalby Kristensen, FESC, Danish Society of Cardiology
- 28-30 May: 51st Annual Congress of the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologists – Rimini – POSTPONED to 27-27 August 2020
- 29-30 May: Annual Congress of the Slovenian Society of Cardiology – Ljubljana – POSTPONED to 23-24 October 2020
- 1-3 June: BCS Annual Conference 2020 – Manchester – CANCELLED
- 3-5 June: Joint Congress of Swiss Society of Cardiac Surgery and Swiss Society of Pneumology – Davos – CANCELLED
- 3-6 June: Annual Congress of the Austrian Society of Cardiology – Salzburg- POSTPONED 1-3 November
- 11-13 June: Annual Congress of the Norwegian Society of Cardiology – Tromsø - CANCELLED
- 15-17 June: Annual Congress of the Association of Cardiologists of Kazakhstan – Nursultan – POSTPONED New dates to be confirmed
- ASAP: Provide your membership lists
- 7 June: EAPC Board candidates:
- 7 June: ESC Committee for Young
- 15 June: Basic Science Outstanding Achievement Award