Launch event of the Cardiomyopathies Matter initiative “Cardiomyopathies Matter: Tackling under-recognised cardiovascular diseases in Europe”. The event will take place in the European Parliament on the 15th of November from 15:00 to 17:00.
This event will launch the Cardiomyopathies Matter Roadmap - the first report to recommend policy solutions to the unmet needs and challenges faced by patients with cardiomyopathies in Europe.
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- MEP Dr. Juozas Olekas, Member of the MEP Heart Group
- MEP Maria da Graça Carvalho, co-chair of the MEP Heart Group
- MEP Brando Benifei, co-chair of the MEP Heart Group
- Dr. Patricia Vlasman, Patient Advocate, Foundation Cardiomyopathy Research The Netherlands
- Mr. Matteo Pinciroli, Chairman of the Global Heart Hub Cardiomyopathy Patient Council, Italy
- Prof. Stefan Janssens, Head of the Cardiovascular Disease Dept, University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Iacopo Olivotto, Head of Cardiomyopathy Unit, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Florence, Italy
- Dr. Ruth Biller, Chair of ARVC-Selbsthilfe, Germany
- Prof. Hugo Katus, Chair of the Innovation Think Thank of the European Society of Cardiology
Please note that this is a hybrid event open for both in person and online registration. Registration for online participation closes on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. On-site attendance is limited; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. You can register using the link here.